Thanks to all who attended our monthly meeting last night! Our agenda included updates from SW Precinct leadership and attendees about incidents that took place in our neighborhoods over the summer. As well, I led a brief discussion about emergency preparedness.
West Seattle Blog has coverage of the meeting here.
Following up, on the emergency preparedness segment, here are links to some of the classes that I mentioned and other resources.
- West Seattle Be Prepared website – has information about the West Seattle Emergency Communication Hubs, interactive maps, links to information about the citywide hubs, as well as many other resources.
- West Seattle Be Prepared blog – has information about our group’s activities, announcements about upcoming preparedness drills, events and classes.
- West Seattle Be Prepared group on Facebook – though I neglected to mention this during the meeting, those of you on Facebook are welcome to join!
- Stop the Bleed class – this is the excellent hands-on-training training session that is now offered monthly at Harborview.
- Seattle Office of Emergency Management (OEM) event calendar – watch this calendar for classes in Light Search and Rescue, Disaster First Aid, Utility Control and Fire Extinguisher use, Earthquake Home Retrofitting, and the aforementioned Stop the Bleed training.
- Seattle Emergency Hubs calendar – citywide hub-related events and other activities.
Our next West Seattle Block Watch Captains’ Network meeting will be on Tuesday, October 24th, 6:30 to 8 PM, in the community meeting room at the SW Precinct. We’ll post the agenda as that day gets closer.