Good to see so many of you at our September monthly meeting on Tuesday! As promised, here is a recap of the announcements that were made. This first event is happening TODAY.
- Safe Communities public meeting, Thursday, September 27th, 7 – 9 PM, Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, 4408 Delridge Way SW. This event provides an opportunity for residents, police officers and staff from City departments to have small-group conversations about what we need to do to improve safety. Each small group will choose its own top priorities. You can find out more at seattle.gov/safe.
- National Drug Take Back Day, Saturday, September 29th, 10 AM – 2 PM, SW Police Precinct, 2300 SW Webster Street. This is a no-questions-asked opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by dropping off potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs. More info here.
- One-Day Community Police Academy, Saturday, November 3rd. Space is very limited, but applications are still being accepted. All applicants will be backgrounded. Contact: Maggie Olsen (206) 684-8672 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.seattle.gov/police/programs/policeacademy/default.htm
- Community Training – Race: The Power of an Illusion, Saturday, October 20th, 9 AM – 3 PM, Jefferson Community Center, 3801 Beacon Ave. S. This community training, based on a documentary, addresses how police officers continue the discussion on the City of Seattle’s Race and Social Justice Initiatives. Lunch will be provided. RSVP by October 12th to Maggie Olsen (206) 684-8672 or email@example.com.
- Emergency Preparedness Workshop Event, Saturday, October 20th, 10 – 2 PM, Arbor Heights Elementary School (3701 S.W. 104th St). We’ll be participating , along with other community groups. This event is funded byan Emergency and Disaster Preparedness grant from the Department of Neighborhoods. Everyone is welcome!
- West Seattle Crime Prevention Council monthly meeting, Tuesday, October 16th, 7 – 8:30 PM, Southwest Police Precinct, 2300 SW Webster Street (next to the Home Depot on Delridge).
- October WSBWCN monthly meeting at the SW Precinct! Tuesday, October 23rd, 6:30 – 8 PM: Our guest speaker will be Sgt. Steve White from SPD, speaking about the Patrol Redeployment & Community Online Reporting Program (CORP).
Let us know if you have any additional items for our calendar!