Good to see so many of you at West Seattle Summer Fest last weekend! Our next event is coming up the Saturday (7/21), the West Seattle Grand Parade. Here’s an updated list of our upcoming events:
- 7/21: Grand Parade. We’ve signed up to march in the parade with our cool new banner. Let us know if you’d like to join! We’ve never done this before; it would be great to have a huge contingent of BW Captains. The parade begins at 11 AM in Admiral, then heads south along California Ave SW.
- 7/24: No WSBWCN meeting (4th Tuesdays). We normally don’t meet in July or August.
- 8/7: Seattle Night Out (annually, each first Tuesday in August). These local events held throughout the city provide an excellent opportunity to meet your neighbors and build/strengthen your neighborhood Block Watch group.
- 8/11: Precinct Picnics (held at all 5 Seattle precincts). The SW Police Precinct always hosts a fun event with free food and entertainment; plus opportunities to meet the officers, learn about local community groups such as ours, and more!
- 8/18: Delridge Day. We’ll be doing outreach and handing out materials about personal safety, vehicle safety, etc. Hope you’ll stop by!
As we noted earlier, you may be able to obtain a grant for your Night Out event if you’ve not done so previously. See the NEIGHBORHOOD Matching Fund (NMF) website for details.